Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Scottish Play, Currently On Broadway

So, this morning's late start at school graced me with the opportunity to watch last night's episode of The Colbert Report-- and it just so happened that Stephen's guest that night was Alan Cumming, a man in the Broadway adaptation of Macbeth. Cumming is an extremely interesting (and funny) man, and I sincerely wish I could go see him perform all sixteen roles that he has in Macbeth (there are only two other actors in the play). I implore everyone (at least all of my classmates) to check out last night's episode, and just skip to the end, with Cumming's interview. It is awesome. Also, just go check it out on YouTube. If anyone actually has spare time.

Macbeth isn't a dirty word to Alan Cumming, but whatever he whispered in Stephen Colbert's ear sure is.  
This link better work. 

Also, I found a couple of scenes from the actual play (ok, I've lost the second one, so deal with it):
  

No comments:

Post a Comment