Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Seventh Reading

I finally remembered the poem I spent most of zero period trying to think of! What a relief. It is "A Psalm of Life" by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (I just knew it was a Longfellow poem).

I read this poem several times just as we were assigned, and I can't say that much changed between the first and seventh or so readings, in terms of understanding or meaning. Certainly, the more I read it, the more I liked it and appreciated it, so there must have been some change, but nothing that seemed notable. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Does anyone out there know how to read?
Alright, I can read, but multiple readings did not reveal much more than a few metaphors. Now that I think of it, maybe I didn't find anything new or look at this in another light this time simply because I've re-read this poem a few times in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment