Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Yegeres Sareit--Arto Tuncboyacian

Here we are, nearly at finals week already! This is the second to last time we'll have to conquer this mountain, at least in high school...There will be plenty of finals in college, but still. Anyway...I was looking through my music trying to find something to go with finals, and I found what seems like a MILLION songs that I could connect to finals or the end of the semester...Did you know that you could stretch just about every Metallica song so that it relates to finals? I do, now.
Well, I decided to go with something different. "Yegeres Sareit", or "Welcome to Your Mountain" is by Arto Tuncboyacian, one of my very favorite musicians. Finals are our mountain--welcome to it. Get up and over it. Certainly, our mountain isn't the same as the mountain in the song (it comes from a soundtrack Arto did for a French movie about an Armenian man returning to his homeland, and the mountain is of course Mount Ararat, the mountain considered holy by Armenians...alright, though it is interesting, I don't think the history lesson is necessary), but it is still a great song (you can't find English lyrics ANYWHERE!) and you can make it apply. "Yegeres Sareit (Welcome to Your Mountain)" by Arto Tuncboyacian, off of the soundtrack for Le Voyage en Armenie.

No comments:

Post a Comment